Thursday 12 November 2015

Night watch

On board SeaDragon: Saturday 7 November 4am

In Native American ceremonies throwing up is called "getting well". It is something to be done proudly in front of the tipi fire. It is illness moving out of the body physically.

I really got well last night. I was crouching at the helm but Holly heard me from the heads.
When it was over I sank back, my body no longer filled with the tension of trying not to be sick. I was surrendered and open. The ocean sought me out with her white tipped fingers, uncovering and soothing me, enveloping me in her vast soft waves.
The energy of a whale came close "I am Steady," it said, "Steady Mama".
The barrier between myself and the sea, one I was keeping firm and boundaried had dissolved. I was still on the ship but also deep in the sea, ambiotic fluid for parts of me about to birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment